Doing morning flexibility stretches is a great way to wake up your muscles and get the whole body going in the morning.
Doing morning stretching exercises increases blood flow to your muscles, helps your digestive, circulatory, respiration and nervous systems. Better yet a good regular stretching routine will reduce stress and help you lose weight if done as part of an eating and work out plan.
So basically you should start one right away, well at least tomorrow morning!
My morning stretching exercises below is hardly be all and end all but they are a great start point. Plus, if you have body areas that you know need more attention then you should put more focus on them, in my own case as I do a lot of evening workout classes with heavy leg work I often feel it in the legs first thing so I tend to do more leg stretches. Added to that I’ve also has some Achilles heel and groin strain problems in the past so I also include so stretches designed to warm those areas up too as a long term preventative measure.
Morning Stretches one
A good general easy leg stretch and my favourite as it can do several parts of the leg in one fell swoop.
1) Kneel with 1 foot on the ground and put your weight on the knee.
2) With your heel on the ground lean forwards.
3) This stretch does put a fair bit of stress on your Achilles so lean in to it slowly and gradually.
4) Hold it for at least 20 seconds, then repeat with your opposite leg.
If you like, you’ll find you may put some pressure to the thigh area and so get some good groin stretching going too. Do not push to hard, it is meant to be a morning stretch, limber up or down or rehab exercise rather than a dancers flexibility exercise. I think it is to be quite relaxing and pleasant.
Morning Stretches 2
1) Sit on the side of your bed with your feet on the floor.
2) Bend over, reaching both hands toward your feet.
3) Arch your back.
4) Hold for a count of ten.
5) Do 5 more times.
Morning Stretches three
1) Remain seated on the edge of your seat with your feet on the floor.
2) Move your neck in a circle, pressing your ears towards your shoulders.
3) Move slowly on a clockwise way 5 times.
4) Move slowly in a counter clockwise way 5 times.
Morning Stretches four
1) Remain seated on the edge of the seat with your feet on the floor.
2) Shrug your shoulders up to your head.
3) Do ten more times.
Morning stretching exercises 5
1) Stand beside your bed.
2) Lace your fingers together.
3) Raise both hands above the head, palms upward.
4) Lift up stretching out your rib cage.
5) Hold for a count of ten.
6) Do 5 more times
Morning Stretches six
1) Remain standing alongside your seat.
2) Bend over and touching your fingers to your toes while keeping the knees straight.
3) Maintain for a count of ten.
4) Do it again 5 more times.
Morning Stretches seven
1) Lie flat on the floor
2) Set your arms at your side
3) Slowly and gradually lift up your legs above your head
4) Continue to lift up your legs till your toes touch the floor behind the head
5) Hold the position for fifteen seconds
6) Do it again three times
Morning Stretches eight
1) Lie flat on your stomach
2) Pushup with both of your arms bending backwards
3) Continue until your arms are straight
4) Keep the position for fifteen seconds
5) Do it again three times
Morning Stretches nine
1) Sit on the ground with your legs straight out in front of you
2) Stretch forward toward your toes
3) Continue until a gentle stretch is felt at the rear of the knees
4) Maintain the position for fifteen seconds
5) Do it again three times
To see free videos of the morning flexibility stretches visit http://www.squidoo.com/morning-stretching-exercises and also get a a free 1 hour MP3 stretching download for your music player and computer and a 29 page guide to the most effective morning flexibility stretches stretches ever